Colorado Deck Master vs Painters
- If you want your deck to look like the above “after picture” and not the “before picture,” deciding between Colorado Deck Master and a painting company should be an easy choice. Here are some key factors to consider when making your choice:
- Experience and expertise: Look for a company that has experience and expertise in deck refinishing. Painters can be very good at painting houses, but they tend to use the same techniques on decks. Rarely will they properly sand the deck, and they often spray or roll inferior water-based coatings on the deck floors. We expertly sand your old paint/stain from your deck to expose the beautiful bare wood in preparation for staining with our Boodge deck stain.
- Quality of materials: Paint companies receive large discounts at stores like Sherwin Williams, or Guirys, but those stores do not carry high-quality oil-based deck stains (they sometimes do not carry any oil deck stain). Painters will often apply a water-based product that will peel in a year or two. We use the highest quality Boodge deck stain which we buy directly from the owner, Travis. We have a great relationship with his company and he’s always there to help when we have questions.
- Cost: It’s always good to compare the cost of different companies to find the best value for your money. However, don’t choose a company solely based on cost, as the quality of their work is equally important. Some paint companies may be cheaper than us, but it can cost you more in a few years if they apply a water-based stain or if they don’t sand the deck. We’ve been called to fix peeling paints applied by painters countless times.
- Communication and customer service: Good communication and customer service are key to a successful project. Look for a company that takes the time to listen to your needs and provides clear and timely updates on the progress of your project. We are often complimented on our communication during the deck refinishing process.
By considering these factors, you can choose the right company that will provide you with high-quality work at the right price.
— Neill McKenzie, Founder